Join men of all ages and walks of life to explore new ways to renew your faith. Take the time to listen to how Christ is calling you to follow Him. Nourished by the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist and in the Word, we are called to bring Christ to the world.
The Real Presence
Bringing Christ to the World
Saturday, February 22, 2020
St. John’s University
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. – Registration in the Great Hall
This is an excellent opportunity for men of faith to gather together to learn, experience fellowship, and grow and strengthen their relationships with their families, their Church, and their communities. In its 23rd year, the Catholic Men’s Conference has found that the thousands of men who have attended have benefited from this day-long retreat. Many have made it an integral part of their Lenten journey. Opportunities for the sacrament of reconciliation and time for workshops will also be available.
Dr. Michael Havercamp serves as Young Life’s National Liaison to the Catholic Church, building bridges of unity and shared mission to reach a world of adolescents for Christ. He and his wife Tasha also serve as Directors of Evangelization & Mission at St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church in Davenport, IA. Michael holds a Masters in Systematic Theology from Aquinas Institute of Theology and a doctorate in Christian Spirituality from Washington Theological Union. He lives with his wife Tasha and their four children – Jackson (10), Addie Rose (7), Asher (5) and Augustine (1).
Morning Keynote: “Embracing Real Presence: The Heart & Habits of Discipleship”
The gift of Real Presence must be received before it can be shared. Learn the essential postures and disciplines that predispose the heart for a transformative reception of Eucharist.
Afternoon Keynote: “Becoming Who You Are: Real Presence for a Post-Christian World”
The rapid expansion of secular humanism has given rise to a post-Christian world which is consciously ridding itself of faith. Learn how we as the Mystical Body of Christ on earth can become true bread for those who hunger.
$35 per person
$45 per person after February 7, 2020
SCHEDULE OF THE DAY:
8:30 a.m. Check In & Refreshments – Great Hall
9:00 a.m. Welcome & Opening Prayer
9:15 a.m. Keynote – Michael Havercamp, D. Min. – Humphrey Theater
10:15 p.m. Break
10:30 a.m. Workshops – Session I
11:30 a.m. Workshops – Session II
12:15 p.m. Lunch (Great Hall), Sacrament of Reconciliation, Rosary – Abbey Church
2:00 p.m. Panel Discussion – Humphrey Theater
2:45 p.m. Break
3:00 p.m. Keynote – Michael Havercamp, D. Min.
4:00 p.m. Celebration of the Eucharist – Abbey Church
Workshops will focus on evangelizing to youth and young adults, grandparenting and mentoring, forgiveness in marriage, influencing others, balancing work and home as a father, your place in the church as well as include a Q & A session.
- Spiritual Friendship: The Model for Evangelization – Michael Havercamp
- Born to Run: A Life of Authentic Significance in Family and Marriage – Pete Larson
- Practical Suggestions on Stewardship Leading to Heaven – Dan Moran
- Diaconate as “Medius Ordo”: Service Promoting Lay Participation – Deacon Ernie Kociemba
- Habits of Holiness: Spiritual Armor for Spiritual Warfare – Fred Blonigen
- Marriage and the Eucharist: No Longer Two but One Flesh – Fr .Tom Knoblach
- Bringing Christ to the World with Your Story and Prayer – Deb McManimon and Denise Hirl
- “I’m Already Pro-Life, Now What?” – Brody Hagemeier
- Church Law for Fathers and Sons – Fr. Matthew Crane
- The Eucharist: The Source and Summit of Every Priestly Call – St. Cloud Seminarians
- Stable Houses Need Solid Foundations: Virtues as Foundation Stones – Joel Nathe
Registration is non-refundable and includes lunch and refreshments
$35 per person through February 7, 2020
$45 per person beginning February 8, 2020
For more information call 320-258-7615 or click here to register.
This is an excellent opportunity for male Confirmation students and their father or strong male role model to learn more about their Catholic faith!