Register today to join Catholics from across Minnesota for Catholics at the Capitol on February 19, 2019.
Minnesota Catholics will be gathering at the State Capitol to learn about the issues impacting our faith and daily life. You’ll have the chance to hear from and meet with legislators, pray with fellow Catholics, and get a window into the legislative process. These are opportunities for you to share your story and make your voice count. Preregistration is required for this event and space is limited. A free-will offering will be accepted if you ride one of the buses provided by the Diocese of St. Cloud.
The “Catholics at the Capitol” event involves 2 separate registration steps.
1. Register with “Catholics at the Capitol” and submit the $40 fee. Children/Students (22 & under – free).
2. Next, register for bus transportation (from Alexandria or St. Cloud) through the Diocese of St. Cloud – no charge.
- Register for the Catholics at the Capitol event here.
- Register for the diocesan bus here.
- A short video about the event can be found here.
- Find a copy of our flyer here.
Diocesan Bus Schedule
- Pick up/drop off locations in diocese
- Pick up at St. Cloud Diocese Pastoral Center, 305 N 7th Ave, St. Cloud, MN 56303
- Pick up at Holiday Inn, 5637 State Hwy29 S, Alexandria, MN 56308
- Departure times
- Leave Pastoral Center at 7:00 am for RiverCentre, 175 W Kellogg Blvd, St. Paul, MN 55102
- Leave Holiday Inn at 6:00 am for RiverCentre, 175 W Kellogg Blvd, St. Paul, MN 55102
- Will participants use a bus to shuttle over to the Capitol?
- Yes – board a bus at 12:30 pm for the Capitol, 75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, St. Paul, MN 55155
- Departure times from the Capitol, 75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, St. Paul, MN 55155
- Both St. Cloud and Alexandria buses leave at 4:00 pm
- Estimated arrival time home
- Arrive Pastoral Center around 6:00 pm
- Arrive Holiday Inn, Alexandria around 6:30 pm
Catholics at the Capitol 2019 Schedule
9:00 AM – Morning Program at RiverCentre
- Featured Speakers(Archbishop Charles Chaput, Gloria Purvis)
- Issue Briefings(Specific Issues TBD)
- Advocacy Training
11:45 AM – Boxed Lunch while meeting with fellow members in your district
12:30 PM -Board Buses for Capitol
1:15 PM – Afternoon Program
- Legislative Visits
- Bishops Meet and Greet (Reception Room, State Capitol basement)
- Rosaries in the Rotunda (1:00, 1:30, 2:00, 2:30, and 3:00)
- Capitol Tours
3:45 PM– Closing Ceremony and Send-Off in the Capitol Rotunda
4:00 PM– Buses start loading to leave Capitol (head to various locations, including RiverCentre)